One area that can give large savings and a much more consistent approach for your management is the integration of Quality Systems, Health and Safety and the Environmental policies – e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001. Procedures and work instructions can be combined to address a number of these issues reducing the need for separate manuals and confusing employees with many instructions that may not be referred to. When you come to being audited you will find a significant cost saving by being audited on multiple standards at the same time. With lead auditor qualifications in Annex SL and the relevant standards along with auditing experience; we can help you understand what the auditor will be looking for from you. We also have preferred certification bodies, just contact us for a quote.
Helpful facts about integrated management systems.
- The leadership / management support needs to be common to all standards.
- Strategy and vision needs to be consistent across everything.
- Management review needs to review the objectives and performance across all standards in the same manner.
- Roles and responsibilities need to be integrated across the standards.
- Processes need to be integrated.
- The way policies are set up, controlled and reviewed needs to be the same for all the standards.
- Auditing needs to be integrated in it’s management and approach.
- The documentation and procedures need to be integrated, one set covering the business as a whole.