Some of us spend far too much time either fire fighting to survive or having conversations with ourselves over situations. Having precious little time and fighting the internal dialogues of our mind does not lead to us enjoying a healthy relationship with the business and a good work life balance. These are my tips to take you from surviving to thriving.
- Take time out to relax and refocus, spend time on the business.
- Look after you – if you are not in good health you won’t be in the right place to move forward.
- Understand your business process, what is it that you exist to do?
- Realise why systems are so important to creating sustainable growth.
- Walk your process and start mapping out your business, design the way you want it to run and look like.
- Implement systems that work for your business and your staff – involve everyone. (No forced templates)
- Understand the risks and controls in your business, what is actually affecting your ability to deliver?
- Prioritise – take things one step at a time – work on the things that are going to make the biggest impact to your customers and bottom line first.
- Automate when you are able but only after you have defined the process first. For example your CRM system is not your process it is only a tool to help automate part of the Sales process.
If you need a gentle introduction to all of this then reach out and find out when the next seminar or workshop is being delivered.
Have a great day!